Most Read Articles
On the air with CSCMP ...
Wish you could spend your commute listening to top supply chain experts discuss the latest trends and insights from the field? Be sure to check out the Council of Supply Chain Management Professional's (CSCMP's) new "Supply Chain Conversation" podcast.
The monthly podcast takes a variety of different formats, ranging from interviews with key thought leaders to panel discussions and presentations. The following five episodes are currently available for download:
- In Episode 1, Brad Blizzard, executive director of logistics and president of Bridgestone Americas Fleet Operations LLC, and Nichole Mumford, CSCMP's director of marketing and professional development, discuss Nashville, Tennessee's supply chain footprint and touch on some of the biggest challenges facing supply chain professionals today.
- In Episode 2, Sean Monahan, board member and partner at consultancy A.T. Kearney,discusses some of the highlights from the 29th Annual State of Logistics Report, in an interview with CSCMP Vice President Chris Adderton. The 29th Annual State of Logistics Report is authored by A.T. Kearney and presented by Penske Logistics and was released on June 19, 2018.
- Episode 3 features a replay of Sean Monahan's "Steep Grade Ahead" presentation on CSCMP's 29th Annual State of Logistics Report at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., on June 19, 2018. This audio presentation of the report has been made available by Penske Logistics.
- In Episode 4, Mumford interviews Rob Allan, who leads the Watson Supply Chain insights program for IBM. The webinar focuses on disruptive technologies like blockchain and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Episode 5 is a recording from the "Perfect Storm" webinar series hosted by CSCMP, NASSTRAC, and TranzAct Technologies. It features panelists from several top supply chain companies discussing the transportation challenges they are facing. They discuss where are rates headed in 2019 and what things shippers can do to mitigate rate increases and keep costs as low as possible.The panelists include:
- Michelle Livingstone, vice president of transportation at The Home Depot;
- Avery Vise, vice president of trucking research at Freight Transportation Research Associates;
- John Janson, director of global logistics at apparel and fashion company SanMar;
- David Yeager, chairman and chief executive officer of Hub Group; and
- Darren Hawkins, chief executive officer of YRC Worldwide.
Interested in being part of the conversation? CSCMP members can fill out a submission form here. If you are interested in signing up to be a guest speaker, remember:
- Not all topic ideas submitted will be selected
- There is no additional cost to participate
- Each submission should serve to educate and bring value to members ("selling" is not permitted)
- Each submission should include takeaways and objectives for members to use within their organizations
- If submitted by a service provider/consultant/vendor, the presentation must include at least one manufacturer/retailer
- If your topic is selected, you will be contacted.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
We Want to Hear From You! We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this article by sending an e-mail to ?Subject=Letter to the Editor: Quarter 2019: On the air with CSCMP ..."> . We will publish selected readers' comments in future issues of CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. Correspondence may be edited for clarity or for length.