Most Read Articles
CSCMP presents 2018 awards for excellence
Every year at its annual conference, CSCMP recognizes individuals and organizations that are helping to push the supply chain discipline to new heights. The following are some of the recognitions given out this year.
- The 2018 Distinguished Service Award was presented to Dr. John Gattorna, executive chairman of advisory firm Gattorna Alignment Pty Ltd. and adjunct professor at University of Technology Sydney's business school in Sydney, Australia.
- Supply Chain Hall of Fame received three new inductees: Gattorna; Michael Dell, chief executive officer and chairman of Dell Technologies; Peter F. Drucker, management consultant, educator, and author; and the late George Stephenson, a railroad pioneer from the late 18th century to the early 19th century.
- Dr. Tobias Kosmol of the Otto Beisheim School of Management in Koblenz, Germany, won the Doctoral Dissertation Award for his paper "Supplier Quality Management in Emerging Markets: The Interplay of Behavior and Cognition."
- The Bernard J. La Londe Best Paper Award was given to Craig R. Carter, Lutz Kaufmann, and Claudia M. Wagner for "Reconceptualizing Intuition in Supply Chain Management."
- Dr. Remko van Hoek of the University of Arkansas, Dr. Laura Briou of Florida Gulf Coast University, and Dr. Stanley Fawcett of Weber State University received the E. Grosvenor Plowman Award for their research paper "Don't Build a Bridge to Nowhere: Triangulating Gaps in the Path to Successful Supplier Enabled Innovation."
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
We Want to Hear From You! We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this article by sending an e-mail to ?Subject=Letter to the Editor: Quarter : CSCMP presents 2018 awards for excellence"> . We will publish selected readers' comments in future issues of CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. Correspondence may be edited for clarity or for length.