Established in 1982 in Idaho, Giltner consists of several different business unit in the transportation and logistics space with the two largest being Giltner Transportation and Giltner Logistics. The Transportation unit is primarily focused on refrigerated freight but also service other modes including heavy haul. Then the Logistics unit provides 3PL service which also includes, warehousing, international, and LTL services.
For help keeping its businesses and their operations running efficiently, Giltner turned to Cleo, the pioneer and global leader of the Ecosystem Integration software category, two years ago for integration services. Each of Giltner’s businesses has its own TMS (transportation management system) that they were having trouble integrating with their digital ecosystems—resulting in data inconsistencies, excessive manual and repetitive labor, and inefficiencies.
When asked about how Cleo impacted Giltner’s onboarding times, VP of Technology, Todd Baughman said, “It was taking eight weeks to set up a new customer. Now we can do it in less than three days. And in some circumstances, we’ve been able to activate a full EDI setup with a customer in less than three days as well. Thanks to Cleo, major improvements like these dramatically increase our business and operational efficiency, and strengthen the valuable relationships we count on with our customers.”
Harnessing Cleo’s flagship product, Cleo Integration Cloud (CIC), Giltner was able to tackle numerous integration and EDI (electronic data interchange) challenges while simultaneously making vital operational improvements, including:
● Integrating B2B transactions into various TMSs across all companies
● Removing data silos between internal systems
● Heightening visibility into errors, allowing Giltner to proactively fix issues
● A 95% decrease in onboarding time—from eight weeks on average to three days
● A 92% increase in the total number of customers onboarded annually—from six to eight customers onboarded annually, to six to eight customers monthly
● Utilizing customizable reports and alerts
● Communicating with customers directly through the CIC platform
● Gaining hands-on control over its end-to-end processes through Cleo’s intuitive self-service option, and tapping into Cleo’s on-demand blended-services option when business scales
● Harnessing cloud technology to support strategic cloud-first strategy