ATLANTA, GA (August 12, 2021) - Fortna®, The Distribution Experts™, a leading consulting, engineering services and software company for warehousing and distribution, today announced the continued expansion of software capabilities that power omnichannel operations and enable leading automated technologies.
Intelligent software is essential to optimizing operations for maximum efficiency, reliability, and flexibility. FortnaWES™ provides these critical features to increase throughput and maximize return on investment:
• An enriched orchestration engine continuously balances workflows across labor and seamlessly powers automated technologies including put-to-store, goods-to-person and AS/RS.
• Configurable modular architecture amplifies scalability and flexibility and is easier to maintain and upgrade over the long term.
• Advanced order picking algorithms streamline order grouping and prioritization, enable synchronized fulfillment and inventory allocation across channels and facilitate dynamic task assignments.
• Seamless integration to any WMS, ERP or labor-saving automation technology solution enables flexibility, empowers control of DC operations and boosts fulfillment capabilities.
• A customer-centric user experience is seamless across devices to accelerate training, improve troubleshooting and provide actionable supervisory data for real-time decision making.
“By leveraging a robust orchestration engine and deepening capabilities, FortnaWES™ optimizes flexibility and functionality to increase order fulfillment speed while the platform and architecture create stability, reliability and security for our clients,” said Mary Elliott, Fortna Chief Product and Technology Officer.
For more information, visit https://www.fortna.com/software/
Fortna partners with the world’s leading brands to transform their distribution operations to keep pace with digital disruption and growth objectives. Known world-wide as The Distribution Experts™, we design and deliver intelligent solutions, powered by FortnaWES™ software, to optimize fast, accurate and cost-effective order fulfillment. Our people, innovative approach and proprietary algorithms and tools ensure optimal operations design and material and information flow. We deliver exceptional value every day to our clients with comprehensive services including network strategy, distribution center operations, material handling automation, supply chain systems, warehouse software design and implementation, and a comprehensive suite of lifecycle services and support.
Media Contact: Cheryl Falk, SVP Global Marketing Communications & Business Development