In the application of ASTM A53 seamless pipe, some industries have many requirements for this pipe. So, how should we distinguish between good and bad ASTM A53 seamless pipes?
1. The composition of the high-quality A53 seamless pipe is uniform, the tonnage of the cold shear is high, and the end face of the cutting head is smooth and tidy. However, due to the poor material of the fake material, the end face of the cutting head often has the phenomenon of meat loss, that is, uneven and no metal luster. Moreover, because the products of fake and inferior material manufacturers have fewer cuts, big ears will appear at the head and tail.
2. Fake and inferior A53 seamless pipes have no metallic luster and are light red or similar to pig iron. There are two reasons for its billet is that the temperature of adobe and inferior material rolling is not standard. Their steel temperature is visually measured, so it cannot be pressed. When the specified austenite area is rolled, the performance of the seamless pipe will naturally not reach the standard.
3. The fake and inferior A53 seamless pipe material contains many impurities, the density of the steel is too small, and the size is seriously out of tolerance, so it can be weighed and checked without a vernier caliper.
4. The cross-section of the fake and inferior A53 seamless pipe is elliptical. The reason is that in order to save materials, the reduction of the first two passes of the finished roll is too large. The strength of this kind of rebar is greatly reduced, and it does not conform to the shape of rebar. The standard of size.
5. Fake and inferior A53 seamless pipes are prone to scars. There are two reasons: ①The material of fake and inferior seamless pipe is uneven and there are many impurities. ②The guide and guard equipment of the fake and inferior material manufacturers is simple and easy to stick to the steel. These impurities will easily cause scars after biting the roll.
6. The surface of fake and inferior materials is prone to cracks. The reason is that its billet is adobe, which has many pores. The adobe is subjected to thermal stress during the cooling process, and cracks will occur after rolling.
The above are the six ways we can distinguish between the good and bad of A53 seamless pipe in production and life. Only by knowing and understanding these can we choose good and reasonably priced seamless pipes produced by good seamless pipe manufacturers.http://nan-steel.com/news/astm-a53.html