A106 pipe is American standard material, including A, B, C three grades, the ingredients of A106 A is carbon and silicon, the tensile strength grade is 330 MPa. The ingredients of A106 B is carbon、manganese and silicon, the tensile strength grade is 415 MPa. The ingredients of A106 C is carbon, manganese and silicon components, the tensile strength grade is 485 MPa.
ASTM A106 seamless pressure pipes (also known as ASME SA106 pipes) are commonly used in the construction of oil and gas refineries, power plants, petrochemical plants, boilers and ships. These pipes must carry fluids that exhibit higher temperature and pressure levels And gas.
ASTM A106 Gr.B is an American brand, and A106 Gr.B has no corresponding brand in China. The chemical composition of A 106Gr.B is as follows:
8. Mechanical properties: ób≥415／MPa , ós≥240／MPa.
The chemical composition of the material does not correspond to Chinese materials, and the mechanical properties are similar to Chinese (GB/T699) 20# steel. ASTM is a set of American steel pipe standards. ASTM steel pipe A106 A corresponds to the Chinese standard is GB8163 and the material is 10# steel. A106 B corresponds to the Chinese standard. The GB8163 material is 20#, and A106 Gr.B does not correspond to Chinese materials.
ASTM standards are divided into the following six types.
1. Standard Test Method: It is a prescribed procedure used to identify, test and uate the quality, characteristics and parameters of materials, products, systems or services.
2. Standard Specification: It puts forward technical requirements and specific instructions for materials, products, systems, or projects, and also proposes procedures that should be adopted to meet the technical requirements.
3. Standard Practice: It is a program that explains one or more specific operations or functions, but does not produce test results.
4. Standard Terminology: It describes or defines nouns, and explains symbols, abbreviations, and acronyms.
5. Standard Guide: It selects a series or explains its usage, but does not introduce specific implementation methods.
6. Class Fication: It distinguishes and classifies materials, products, systems, or specific services according to their source, composition, performance or use.