GREENE, N.Y., March 9, 2020 — The Raymond Corporation, a Toyota Industries Company, will showcase innovative intralogistics solutions at MODEX 2020 held March 9 to 12 at Atlanta's Georgia World Congress Center. Attendees can visit Raymond Booth 7819 to see the intelligent warehouse, material handling and facility solutions in action and to learn the importance of optimizing warehouse operations before incorporating automation.
"At Raymond, we are committed to providing innovative intralogistics solutions that drive fulfillment and effectiveness through the optimization of people, processes and workflows," said Michael Field, CEO, The Raymond Corporation. "The data learned from optimization provides valuable insights into what works in your warehouse — and what doesn't — ultimately improving workforce productivity and overall efficiency."
An optimized warehouse creates more space for product, increases workforce productivity and leverages lift trucks for the best suitable task — all of which, ultimately, drive cost savings that can then be used to eventually invest in automation.
Raymond offers a portfolio of solutions focused on optimizing space, equipment utilization and labor to help customers determine their readiness, analyze priorities and identify the best path for implementing automated solutions. Raymond will showcase numerous products and solutions at MODEX 2020 involved in the optimize, connect, automate process, including:
Continuous improvement is key to getting the most out of your operation. An optimized warehouse creates more space for product, increases workforce productivity and leverages each piece of equipment for the best suitable task.
• Raymond Lean Management: procedures based on the Toyota Production System that can optimize a warehouse by standardizing work, tracking KPIs and helping you make continuous improvements.
• Raymond Virtual Reality Simulator: innovative training tool that offers instructional education modules on an actual truck, providing advanced, hands-on instruction to improve operator proficiency and build confidence.
• Energy solutions: engineered to specifically meet the rigors of the toughest material handling applications, these solutions are integrated for greater synergies to optimize energy efficiencies, productivity and truck performance. Raymond Energy Solutions include lead-free and lithium-ion batteries.
Raymond continues to develop and release advance technology options that you are able to layer onto our traditional base truck offerings, providing unparalleled operating efficiencies and tools to assist operator productivity and security.
• iWAREHOUSE® fleet management and warehouse optimization system: a comprehensive fleet of management solutions that allows managers to identify inefficiencies through real-time telematics data, ultimately increasing overall efficiency.
• Raymond Real-Time Location System: lets you manage your operation more easily and effectively by monitoring and identifying the movements of lift trucks, personnel and assets in your warehouse for enhanced security, efficiency and productivity.
• Raymond Advance: an advancing technology demonstration of a patent-pending solution that utilizes a remote control paired to a Raymond® truck by near-field communication (NFC). Raymond Advance enables selectors to request tractor-first truck travel by pressing and holding the motive button on the remote control. Raymond Advance navigates and detects objects from pick to pick while the selector remains in optimal picking position enhancing overall workflow efficiency.
• Pick2Pallet™ LED light system: increases productivity and accuracy by directing operator on pick placement. Increased accuracy and faster fulfillment.
• Zoning and positioning: a fast and simple way to improve consistency, productivity and efficiency, helping minimize pick errors and variability through floor-embedded radio frequency identification reader (RFID) sensors that transmit instructions to a lift truck.
• In-Aisle Detection System: designed as a training reinforcement tool to provide notice of the proximity of a truck to certain objects and will decelerate a truck to a complete stop when such objects are detected.
• 7000 Series integrated reach truck: already known for exceptional productivity, reliability and energy efficiency, the 7000 Series Reach-Fork® trucks now include a full set of technologies and telematics, such as iWAREHOUSE, built into the control system of the truck — ready to be activated at any time. Designed with industry-leading lift, lower, acceleration and travel speeds — maximizing the number of pallets moved per hour.
Raymond demonstrates the synergy of traditional material handling products with cutting-edge advances in automation technology through an automated, integrated systems solution. Showcasing a complete cycle of moving and exchanging material without human interaction, Raymond utilizes a Bastian Solutions automated conveyor along with the following Raymond automation solutions:
• Raymond Courier™ 3020 automated tow tractor: designed to automate horizontal towing in a number of applications. A new low clearance arch is available to enable operation in areas as low as 66 inches.
• Raymond Courier 3030 automated stacker: scalable automated solution that shares autonomy between machine and labor, resulting in unparalleled efficiency and cost reduction.
• Radioshuttle: a semi-automated storage and retrieval system that allows for maximum use of warehouse space and increases your operational efficiency by automatically loading and unloading pallets into warehouse lanes.
Raymond will showcase its expertise around intralogistics solutions during the following seminars that are open to all MODEX 2020 attendees:
• Optimize Before You Automate 2.0
o Monday, March 9 (10:30 to 11:15 a.m.), Theater G
• Trucks, Energy, Solutions - The Winning Trifecta
o Wednesday, March 11 (12:00 to 1:45 p.m.), Theater G
Additionally, Raymond will again partic