September 14, 2018 (Frisco, TX) - Transplace, a leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, today announced the winners of its annual Carrier of the Year Awards. Based on over 20 million annual shipments across more than 300 customers in Transplace's Transportation Management System (TMS) and freight network, the Carrier of the Year Awards recognize transportation service providers for consistent high performance in shipment execution areas, such as on-time service, tender acceptance, claims and other critical key performance indicators (KPIs).
"Partnering with outstanding carriers is critical to Transplace's ability to deliver excellent service to our customers, so it is important for us to recognize those that consistently provide exemplary transportation service," said Ben Cubitt, senior vice president, procurement & engineering for Transplace. "This year, we are pleased to recognize carriers that represent the top one percent of our carrier base, across all lines of business, for the outstanding work they have done over the past year, and for their valuable relationships with Transplace and our customers."
The awards recognize 23 of the best carrier partners in the categories of truckload, less-than-truckload (LTL), flatbed, private fleet, dedicated, refrigerated, specialty, expedite and cross-border, Mexico and Canada. Transplace made the announcement during its 2018 Carrier Symposium held in Northwest Arkansas this week. At the event, Transplace recognized carriers in the following categories:
- National Truckload Carrier of the Year: Crete Carrier Corporation, Heartland Express
- Regional Truckload Carrier of the Year: TRIWAYS, Inc., City Dash, Ardwin Freight
- Temperature Controlled Carrier of the Year: J&R Schugel Trucking
- Bulk Carrier of the Year: Superior Bulk Logistics
- Flatbed Carrier of the Year: Mercer Transportation
- Private Fleet Carrier of the Year: Ashley Furniture
- Dedicated Fleet Carrier of the Year: U.S. Xpress
- Capacity Services Truckload Carrier of the Year: Alpha J Transportation
- National LTL Carrier of the Year: FedEx Freight
- Regional LTL Carrier of the Year: Dayton Freight, Pitt Ohio
- Expedite Carrier of the Year: V3 Transportation
- Specialty LTL Carrier of the Year: Tony's Express
- Cross-Border Carrier of the Year, Mexico: Texas International Enterprises
-Southern Region Carrier of the Year, Mexico: Xpress International
- New Carrier of the Year, Mexico: Auto Líneas América
- Northern Region Carrier of the Year, Mexico: Transportes Lyrma
- Temperature Controlled Carrier of the Year, Canada: G Zavitz Ltd
- Truckload Carrier of the Year, Canada: Kairon Transport, Sunrise Freight Systems
Selection for these awards are objective and based on companywide, quantitative data as well as survey feedback from Transplace account teams. Specific areas of emphasis in the selection process include: on-time service, tender acceptance, claims, SmartWay score, and ease of doing business factors such as customer service, responsiveness, and the accuracy and timeliness of invoicing and status updates.
Frank McGuigan, CEO, Transplace, added, "Strong carrier relationships are essential to helping shippers maintain smooth, efficient transportation operations, especially in a tight capacity market. Transplace is committed to developing and cultivating deep, collaborative relationships with our carrier partners in order to deliver value across the Transplace network."
Connect with a Transplace expert to learn more about our logistics management services or capacity solutions: transplace.com/transplace-contact/.
Transplace is the leading provider of transportation management services and logistics technology, helping manufacturers, retailers and distributors optimize supply chain operations and increase financial performance. Offering a complete suite of transportation management, strategic capacity, and cross-border & global trade services, Transplace's customizable logistics solutions and best-in-class technology gives businesses greater control of their transportation operations and enhanced visibility of shipments and overall supply chain performance. With deep expertise in key vertical markets, including consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, retail and chemicals, Transplace works to strategically design and manage customer networks in the most efficient, cost-effective manner. As North America's largest transportation management provider, Transplace leverages its entire network to solve large-scale, complex supply chain problems for its customers. From small-to-medium businesses to global brands, Transplace delivers the optimal blend of actionable business intelligence and operational excellence you need to manage your supply chain with certainty. Learn more at www.transplace.com.
Follow the company on Twitter, Facebook and the Transplace Industry Blog:
More Info: https://www.transplace.com/newsroom/