To help customers reduce logistics costs, optimize inventory levels and improve customer service, Oracle today announced extended Oracle Warehouse Management (WMS) Cloud capabilities. The latest global enhancements offer heightened inventory visibility through yard management and integration with Oracle Inventory Management Cloud, as well as improved extensibility with the addition of new REST Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
Legacy transportation and warehouse management systems are often unable to provide insight into trailers in the yard, which creates a significant gap into visibility that can lead to fulfillment delays. Oracle WMS Cloud yard management capabilities directly address this challenge, making it easier to locate shipments in trailers in order to expedite unloading for high priority inventory.
Oracle Integration Service (ICS) based integrations between Oracle WMS Cloud and Oracle Inventory Management Cloud will enable Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Cloud customers to rapidly implement source-to-settle and order-to-cash flows to improve business responsiveness. The addition of REST web service APIs improves extensibility and enables customers to customize Oracle WMS Cloud for their specific business and industry needs.
"We were consistently running out of inventory and needed a scalable solution that would deliver real-time visibility into inventory to grow our business," said Eduardo Gonzalez de Boado Halcon, vice president of Supply Chain at Supermercados Peruanos, "Since implementing Oracle WMS Cloud, our stock outs have reduced by 80 percent and our market share has increased by six percent, which equates to a lot of revenue."
"Today's eCommerce driven economy has changed customer expectations for fulfillment, and delays or inconsistencies can significantly impact customer satisfaction and loyalty," said Diego Pantoja-Navajas, vice president, WMS Product Development at Oracle. "The extended capabilities to Oracle WMS Cloud enable companies to gain greater visibility of inventory so they can implement more rapidly, reduce costs, optimize inventory levels and deliver consistent, high-quality customer experience."
The enhancements further strengthen Oracle's position as the leader in cloud-based Warehouse Management Systems, and Transportation Management Systems, delivering end-to-end logistics capabilities including Oracle Warehouse Management Cloud, Oracle Transportation Management Cloud, and Oracle Global Trade Management Cloud.
The latest improvements to Oracle WMS Cloud include:
• Yard Management: Offers organizations inventory visibility into trailers and their contents in the yard. This allows companies to expedite unloading high priority trailers and shipments needed to speed-up order fulfillment.
• Solution Extensibility: Allows customers/partners to build customized extensions to standard cloud-based WMS capabilities using REST web service application programming interfaces. These tailored functionalities enable personalized timelines to meet specific business requirements while reducing cost.
• Oracle Inventory Management Cloud Integration: Oracle Integration Service (ICS) based integrations to Oracle Inventory Management Cloud for inbound logistics, inventory operations and outbound fulfillment. This enables Oracle ERP and SCM Cloud customers to implement source-to-settle and order-to-cash flows at an accelerated pace.
• Improved User Experience: A new browser-based user interface look and feel helps to simplify the user experience.
• Global Support: Ten additional languages are supported, including traditional Chinese, traditional French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Thai and Turkish.
• Barcode Scanning: Allows processing of multi-element 1D barcodes and 2D barcodes.
For additional information on Oracle Supply Chain Management (SCM) Cloud, visit Facebook, Twitter or the Oracle SCM blog.
The Oracle Cloud offers complete SaaS application suites for ERP, HCM and CX, plus best-in-class database Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from data centers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), please visit us at www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle.
More Info: https://www.oracle.com/corporate/pressrelease/oracle-extends-warehouse-management-062618.html
Copyright ©2023. All Rights ReservedDesign, CMS, Hosting & Web Development :: ePublishing