Most Read Articles
Global awards program honors companies with innovative supply chains
Have you been part of a supply chain initiative that has produced truly breakthrough results? Or have you helped to launch a successful talent development program that focuses on supply chain management professionals? Consider getting outside recognition of your work (and perhaps raise the visibility of supply chain in your company) by nominating your company for the consulting and analyst company SCM World's annual Power of the Profession Awards.
The awards program is now in its third year. Previous winners include Dow Chemical, Intel, Coca-Cola, and AstraZeneca, among others.
Applying for the awards offers companies several benefits, according to Matt Davis, senior vice president of research at SCM World. "Sharing your story and talking about your innovation is a great way to network in the community," he said in an online video about the program. "Second, and most importantly, I think this is truly the best way to recognize all the hard work that your team has done and really celebrate them in a very public way."
There are two separate awards: Supply Chain Breakthrough of the Year and Talent Breakthrough of the Year. Each includes three subcategories.
For Supply Chain Breakthrough of the Year, the subcategories are:
- Customer Innovation of the Year, which recognizes a supply chain initiative that has created a more valuable customer experience and achieved a positive, quantifiable impact on customer loyalty.
- Business Win of the Year, which recognizes a supply chain initiative that has contributed outstanding top-line business performance, profitable growth, savings, and/or given a distinct competitive edge.
- Social Impact of the Year, which recognizes‚?®a supply chain initiative that has achieved a positive, quantifiable impact on society, local communities, and/or the environment.
For Talent Breakthrough of the Year, the subcategories are:
- Talent Diversity Champion of the Year for a supply chain talent program that has resulted in a more diverse and engaged workforce.
- Talent Payback of the Year‚?® for a supply chain talent initiative that has driven tangible revenue growth, cost savings, product innovation, or outstanding customer satisfaction metrics.
- Talent Partnership of the Year ‚?®for a supply chain talent initiative that has extended capability development across the value chain, quantitatively driving value internally and/or externally with suppliers and partners.
The applications are judged by both a panel of industry experts and the members of the SCM World community. The deadline for applications is Sept. 16, 2016; details about how to enter can be found at SCM World's website.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
We Want to Hear From You! We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this article by sending an e-mail to ?Subject=Letter to the Editor: Quarter : Global awards program honors companies with innovative supply chains"> . We will publish selected readers' comments in future issues of CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. Correspondence may be edited for clarity or for length.