Most Read Articles
Gartner Announces Winners of the 2016 Supply Chainnovators Awards
The research firm Gartner Inc. announced the winners of its 2016 Supply Chainnovator Awards on May 17 at its Supply Chain Executive Conference in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. The awards recognize innovative and high-impact supply chain initiatives in the health care, high-tech manufacturing, and consumer/retail sectors. The five winners and their innovations were as follows:Health care
- AstraZeneca was recognized for its Healthy Heart Africa initiative, which is leveraging supply chains across multiple diverse network partners to bring hypertension awareness, screening, and care to 10 million Africans by 2025.
- Mercy ROi's Unified Analytics Platform (UAP) combines seven technology platforms into one location to improve decision making, thereby positively impacting the cost and quality of care.
- Cisco uses its Adaptive Test system to leverage production test data from Cisco's internal test processes and test data from global suppliers to optimize product quality and cost over the product's life cycle.
- Jabil's InControl software identifies areas of concern, risk, and opportunity, then uses real-time predictive modeling to improve decision making, protect against disruption, improve manufacturing and distribution flexibility, and minimize total landed cost.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition was recognized for its "Fast and Agile" initiative, which connects supply chain execution to consumer demand by replenishing supply in alignment with what is being consumed downstream.
Through the Supply Chainnovator awards program, Gartner recognizes supply chain innovations that are impactful, sustainable, unconventional, collaborative, and measurable. Participants must be willing to share with the broader supply chain community lessons learned and how results were achieved. The winners were selected by a panel of Gartner analysts.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
We Want to Hear From You! We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this article by sending an e-mail to ?Subject=Letter to the Editor: Quarter : Gartner Announces Winners of the 2016 Supply Chainnovators Awards"> . We will publish selected readers' comments in future issues of CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. Correspondence may be edited for clarity or for length.