Most Read Articles
CSCMP bestows 2017 awards for excellence
Every year at its annual conference, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) recognizes individuals and organizations that are helping to push the supply chain discipline to new heights. Here is a brief rundown of some of the awards and recognitions given out at this year's conference.
- The 2017 Distinguished Service Award was presented to Dr. Nancy Nix, executive director of the industry association Achieving Women's Excellence in Supply Chain Operations, Management, and Education (AWESOME). Nix is formerly executive director of the Executive MBA Program and professor of professional practice in supply chain management at the Neely School of Business at Texas Christian University. She also has extensive management experience with the DuPont Company and Reliance Industries Limited in Mumbai, India.
- Nix; Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon; and George Laurer, the inventor of the Universal Product Code (UPC), were inducted into CSCMP's Supply Chain Hall of Fame, which honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the supply chain discipline.
- Nathan Chaney, branch manager for the logistics and transportation company Mainfreight, and David Perez, director with the commercial real estate company Cushman & Wakefield, received the 2017 Emerging Leader Award, which recognizes outstanding supply chain management professionals who are age 30 and under.
- Dr. Jeffrey J. Risher of Southeastern Louisiana University won the Doctoral Dissertation Award for his paper "From Offshoring to Reshoring: A Conceptual Framework for Manufacturing Location Decisions in a Slow-Steam World."
- The Bernard J. La Londe Best Paper Award was given to Monique L. Ueltschy Murfield, Terry L. Esper, Wendy L. Tate, and Kenneth J. Petersen for "Supplier Role Conflict: An Investigation of its Relational Implications and Impact on Supplier Accommodation." The La Londe Award is presented to the most valuable paper in the Journal of Business Logistics.
- "Persuasive Communication Pathway: Influencing SCM Partners to Work Voluntarily on Sustainability Initiatives" was awarded the E. Grosvenor Plowman Award for the best research paper presented at CSCMP's Academic Research Symposium. The paper was written by Brian Fugate and Jon Johnson of the University of Arkansas and Saif Mir of the College of Charleston.
- The biopharmaceutical research and development nonprofit TransCelerate BioPharma Inc., along with pharmaceutical companies Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, and GlaxoSmithKline, won the Supply Chain Innovation Award for creating a collaborative network that improves the supply chain for medicines used for comparative purposes in clinical drug trials.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
We Want to Hear From You! We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this article by sending an e-mail to ?Subject=Letter to the Editor: Quarter : CSCMP bestows 2017 awards for excellence"> . We will publish selected readers' comments in future issues of CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. Correspondence may be edited for clarity or for length.