Most Read Articles
CSCMP Annual Conference to provide fresh look at supply chain issues
The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals has always presented its annual conference as an opportunity to learn from the best in the industry. This year's conference promises to be no different.
CSCMP's 2016 Annual Conference, which will be held September 25-28 in Orlando, Florida, will offer more than 30 hours educational content across 16 tracks and over 90 sessions.
A quick review of just a few of the educational offerings reveals the diversity of topics that the conference will address:
- The conference's general sessions will feature an astronaut who spent a year in space, a digital technology guru from GE, and a world-class drummer. Each presentation is designed to inspire attendees to re-examine their current organizations and work habits.
- In the session "Is Your Business Intelligence Really All That Smart?" attendees will be taken to the cutting edge of current technology and learn how to harness big data, analytics, and business intelligence software to drive efficiency and productivity across the supply chain.
- Bill Robbins, head of the logistics and maintenance teams for the United States' National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), will discuss the processes and challenges of supplying and maintaining the International Space Station.
- Executives from Nike will talk about how the shoe and athletic clothing company is able to create a truly integrated supply chain from its suppliers' suppliers to the end customer.
- John Lund, former chief supply chain officer at Walt Disney Co., will discuss the increasingly global nature of business and how it takes cultural sensitivity and self-awareness to build strong relationships with business partners internationally.
- In a highly interactive presentation on teamwork, speakers will use LEGO building sets to facilitate discussions on topics such as the skills necessary to succeed, the virtual workplace, and influencing and managing others.
To learn more about what is being offered at the conference, visit the 2016 Annual Conference content search page. You can search by track, session, speaker, and date and time.
In addition to the formal education sessions, the conference offers more than 25 hours of networking events, which will allow you to interact with and learn from other attendees—75 percent of whom possess titles that are director level and above.
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
We Want to Hear From You! We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this article by sending an e-mail to ?Subject=Letter to the Editor: Quarter : CSCMP Annual Conference to provide fresh look at supply chain issues"> . We will publish selected readers' comments in future issues of CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. Correspondence may be edited for clarity or for length.