Most Read Articles
Ten great reasons to attend our Annual Global Conference
The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals is having a birthday party—and you're all invited! CSCMP is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and we've got a number of special events planned during our 2013 Annual Global Conference, October 20-23 in Denver, Colorado, USA.
To mark the occasion and make this year's conference the best ever, we've put together a stellar program. For instance, on Sunday, October 20, we'll feature a special presentation called "Women at Work: 21st Century Leadership—The Female Quotient." This panel discussion will focus on today's networked economy and the critical skill sets today's leaders need to manage the new business challenges.
On Tuesday, October 22, you'll have the opportunity to meet the next generation of supply chain leaders during CSCMP's Student Recruitment Day. Some of the best and brightest supply chain management students will be in Denver to interview for internships and other positions with CSCMP member companies. If you'd like more information, contact Sherrie Nauden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday, October 23, our very popular "Mega Sessions" will focus on current supply chain news, trends, and critical issues that will impact supply chains in the near future as well as for decades to come.
The conference itself will offer more than 100 educational sessions in over two dozen tracks. These thought-provoking sessions will enhance your supply chain management skills and knowledge. Track topics will include supply chain integration, product lifecycle management, talent and leadership, global sourcing, risk management, and many more.
We'll also have presentations by some world-renowned speakers. In the keynote address on Monday, former President of Mexico Felipe Calderón will share his perspective on how countries can continue to maintain open economic ties and address global trade challenges. The energizing closing address on Wednesday will be given by entertainer, comedian, author, musician, and business owner Mike Rayburn.
Still not convinced? Here are 10 more reasons why you should be sure to join us in Denver:
- You'll learn about best practices you can immediately put to work in your organization.
- You'll hear presentations about solutions that are relevant to your own company's goals and challenges.
- You can participate in subject-specific discussion groups, including those hosted by the editors of Supply Chain Quarterly.
- You'll find opportunities to develop new business relationships.
- You'll be able to learn from peers who understand the situations you're dealing with.
- You can visit our Supply Chain Exchange exhibition to see cutting-edge solutions to today's supply chain problems.
- You can attend our pre-conference workshops on risk mitigation and using supply chain strategy to drive profitability.
- You'll keep your knowledge and skills fresh and up-to-date.
- After hours, you can catch up with peers who attend each year.
- And—last but not least—you'll go back to the office feeling energized and full of exciting ideas.
For all the details, visit cscmpconference.org, and be sure to register soon. See you in the Mile High City!
Join the Discussion
After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in, you will be asked to log in or register.
We Want to Hear From You! We invite you to share your thoughts and opinions about this article by sending an e-mail to ?Subject=Letter to the Editor: Quarter 2013: Ten great reasons to attend our Annual Global Conference"> . We will publish selected readers' comments in future issues of CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly. Correspondence may be edited for clarity or for length.